Being a caregiver can be an incredibly rewarding career. We’re looking for compassionate individuals with strong communication skills to join our team of qualified in-home caregivers.
As a Direct Care Worker, you are responsible for providing emotional support and non-medical services that improve the lives of the clients you serve. Your work will allow those you serve to thrive at home by assisting with meal prep, laundry, changing sheets, light housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, sweeping, mopping, etc.) or escorting to an appointment or for grocery shopping (transportation would be coordinated).
- Excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to engage and support the clients you care for
- Excellent communicator, resilient, & flexible.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of client information.
- Up to date 2 step TB test, Chest x-ray , and QuantiFERON Gold
- Reliable mode of transportation.
Looking for a Weekend Floater/ Direct Care Worker to cover weekend shifts and call offs.
- Valid PA Driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year (12 months) of experience providing caregiving services for the frail or elderly
- Must have a Vehicle and proof of insurance. Must be willing to cover Allegheny County and parts of Westmoreland County.
Caden Care Homecare is looking for highly compassionate and dependable individuals to fill the position of companion/sitter. This is a position that comes with excellent benefits, including a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, bi weekly pay, an understanding and highly supportive employer, and opportunities to grow and learn from accomplished in-home care professionals. You must be ready to treat our clients in a respectful and compassionate way, and expect to be respected and valued in return. Our Agency is dedicated to hiring people we can trust with our own families. Our companions/sitter deliver various services in accordance with an established plan of care, and provides for the companionship needs and comfort of patients in their homes
- POSITION: COMPANION/SITTER
- Job Type: Direct Care Worker
- Salary: 10.00-13.00
- Employer Type: Non-Medical Home Care Agency
- Travel Required: Within 50 mile radius
- Work Location: Multiple Locations
- Monday to Friday
- Day Shift
- Night Shift
- On Call
- Why You Should Join Us!
- Very competitive pay rates – $..
- Flexible schedules
- Friendly co-workers
- Super helpful and understanding Supervisors
- Easily accessible Administrator
- Quick and clear onboarding process
- On job training and growth opportunities
- Sick and emergency leave
- Fast pay
- Dental and Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
- Qualifications & Education:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Ability to read, write, follow instructions and complete training or pass competency assessment, as appropriate, for understanding needs of populations served, i.e.,
- Basic meal preparation
- Provision of transportation services
- Home safety
- Handle emergencies in the home and infection control
- Evidence of sympathetic attitude toward care elderly
- Evidence of maturity and ability to deal effectively with job demands
- Good verbal communications skills required.
- Attend (8) hours of personal care oriented in services per year.
- Shall have a criminal history check conducted prior to being offered work with this agency.
- Ability to work closely supervised to ensure competence in providing client care.
- Provide continuous companionship for the client while on duty
- Provide personal hygiene assistance for clients or those recovering from surgeries, injuries or accidents by attending to their basic needs, such as showering, bathing, dressing and eating
- Assist with personal care and hygiene, plan and prepare meals and help with physical therapy exercises
- Observe the client’s general physical, emotional and mental condition and report all changes to RN
- Provide medication reminders and supervise the self-administration of medication
- Perform housekeeping duties and report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, family, and caregiver information
- Maintains good personal hygiene and must be neat in appearance.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to:
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Deal effectively with stress
- Work assigned hours per week
- Bend and stand an average of 6 hours per day
- Lift up to 50+ pounds
- Work in a stressful environment.
- Drive up to 50+ miles per day.
- Assess and communicate with ill clients, co-workers, and general public.